Thursday, November 15, 2012

We are pregnant!

So, I have been wanting (ever since I got pregnant) to follow my pregnancy in blog form. Woah, I haven't done a blog since middle school. I plan on doing weekly updates... but I'm 15 weeks so, I'm starting a little late (better late than never, right?). Anyway, I will start you off with this lovely list of questions so you can get to know me.... ;]

About the mommy!
Name: Christiana
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel
First child?: Yup!

About the daddy!
Name: Gregory
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel
First child?: Yes

Finding out!
What day did you find out?: It was August 31st ish .
How did you feel when you found out?: In shock!!! I didn't believe it was true. Lol
Who was with you?: Just me.
Who was the first person you told?: Well, technically I sent a picture to my best friend first... but then I told Greg.

About your parents!

How did your parents react?: I'm sure they saw it coming... but they were excited. They are first time grandparents!!!
How did his parents react?: Pretty excited. I'm sure they saw it coming too... but they are second time grandparents so the reaction wasn't as exciting I feel.
Are they helping with baby names?: No. I'd rather US pick out baby names..
Have they bought anything for the baby yet?: Probably! lol
Do they call to check on you?: Not really. We see them all the time.

About the pregnancy!
When was is your first appointment?: September 10th or 11th
When is your due date?:  May 8th!
How far along are you?: 15 weeks and 1 day.
Have you had any ultrasounds?: Several!
Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yup!
What was the heartbeat?: The first at 6 weeks was 114.

Sex of the baby!
Are you finding out the sex or waiting until birth? Definitely finding out! lol
What do you want?: A boy, ideally.... everyone needs a big brother. But, of course as long as the baby is healthy I'm happy.
What does the daddy want?: a boy.
Have you had your big ultrasound yet?:  Not yet! One more month.
If so, what are you having?:  --
Are you & daddy happy with what you are having?: --

About the birth!
Who is going to be with you?:  Just Greg.
Are you going to videotape it?: LOL no...
Natural or medicated?: HOPEFULLY natural... people keep trying to talk me out of it... which makes me want to do natural so much more. (my mom had five kids naturally... I think I can have one naturally)
Do you think you will need a c-section?: I hope not.
Will you cry with you hold your baby for the first time?: I'm not really emotional like that. We'll see.
Do you think the daddy will cry?: He is not emotional either... but he cried when they found out the gender of his niece ... so we will see. ;]
Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold him/her? No
Are you scared about the labor?: I want to say no. But I will probably get nervous as I'm on my way to the hospital lol.

Names!
Do you have a name picked out?: You'll see ;]
Is your baby going to be named after someone?: If it's a boy, yes. If it's a girl... sort of yes.

Other random questions!
Where was your baby conceived?: No idea!
Have you felt the baby move?:  I want to say yes, but I'm not sure.
Do you have stretch marks yet?: Nope.
What was your first symptom?: Night Sweats. I'm ALWAYS cold at night.
Will your baby have godparents?: idk.
What is the baby’s room theme?: Not sure yet!
What was the first thing you bought for the baby?: a phillies blanket. haha
Will you use cloth diapers?:  I wanted too... but disposibles seem easier in the long run.
Breastfeeding or formula?: Breastfeeding HOPEFULLY.
What is your favorite pregnancy book?: I haven't read any yet.
What do you look forward to doing again once you are no longer pregnant?: Nothing inparticular. I've been craving sushi like crazy though.
Is he ready to be a daddy? Is anyone ever completely ready for their first baby?
Are you ready to be a mommy? See above.

No comments:

Post a Comment